Dongyin’s deep waters and flowing tides encircled by reefs are a paradise for rock fishermen, providing good fishing even in winter. It is also home to the protected black-tailed Gull; Dongyin Lighthouse, a third class protected historical site, is a fascinating site for those with an interest in culture and history.
A stroll around Dongyin,from the indistinct Northernmost Frontier to the beautiful and tragic legend of Suicide Cliff, will give visitors a taste of its unique charm.
- Take the Taiwan-Matsu Ferry from Keelung West Wharf No. 2 to Matsu’s Dongyin Township (duration approximately 10 hours).
- Take Uni Air Flight #1 to Matsu Nangan Airport, then travel by taxi to Fu-ao Wharf to take the Taiwan-Matsu Ferry to Dongyin.
- The cost of a one-way Taiwan-Matsu Ferry ticket from Keelung to Dongyin is NT $1,050
- The cost of a one-way Taiwan-Matsu Ferry ticket from Nangan to Dongyin is NT $350
- To learn about the legends attached to Dongyin’s various scenic spots see this website’s scenic spot introduction.
- Dongyin Royal Hotel Contact Tel.(0836)77168
- Travel Reminder: The Taiwan-Matsu Ferry may suspend operation or alter its schedule due to the season or weather. Please confirm prior to
- Visitors should pay attention to whether the ferry docks at Nangan or Dongyin first and take a suitable sailing.
Invigorating phytoncide fills the air along the forest- lined Jinren Trail. This will help your tired mind and body recuperate.
- Take the Taiwan-Matsu Ferry from Dongyin’s Zhongzhu Harbor to Nangan (approximately two hours). After arriving at the wharf in Nangan, you can choose to continue to Juguang Township.
- For information about taxi rates call Lienchiang County Taxi Association on 0836-22705
- The cost of renting a scooter is around NT$500. The scenic spots are about ten minutes from each other
- Public buses can also be taken. Tickets cost NT$15. Services are not so frequent so it’s best to check the timetable if you plan to take the bus.
- The road up from Magang to Zhongshan Arch was once described by an art and cultural group as “extremely suitable for quiet reflection.
- Many visitors are attracted by the tranquil atmosphere of Siwei village.
Last updated: 2016/03/24 17:19