The Matsu National Scenic Area Administration began operating on Nov. 26, 1999, charged with the area’s planning and management. Matsu’s traditional Eastern Fujian-style stone houses, sea-sculpted rock formations, and soaring flocks of terns together create an otherworldly Shangri-la, and the authentic Fuzhou cuisine exerts a unique allure that attracts romantics and gourmands alike. Visit these islands in any season and you will find mountain slopes filled with a riot of blossoming wildflowers, making you feel like you are on a seaborne flower garden with all of your troubles left far behind.
◎Matsu National Scenic Area Guide Map
- March-May is the foggy season; flights and voyages are uncertain. Check with your airline or ferry company.
- Inter-island travel is mainly by boat. Sea conditions are uncertain; watch the daily sailing reports, and arrive at the wharf 10 minutes before boarding.
- Most activities are on land; wear comfortable clothing, protect against sunburn in summer, and watch out for strong winds in winter.
- Take care for your own safety. Water supply is limited; please use it sparingly.
- Do not point your camera directly at military installations.
- If you take plants or animals off the islands, please apply to the relevant agency for a certificate of origin or a statement.
- Matsu National Scenic Area Information Hotline: (0836) 25-630
Matsu National Scenic Area Administration