The Dongyin Visitor Center is located below the Nanqiao helipad, close to Zhongzhu Harbor. The building, completed in 2003, rises from the top of a hill and, despite the low design that protects it from strong winds, its bright orange roof stands out strikingly amidst the expanse of green. It is visible from Zhongzhu Harbor, making it easy for travelers to find. Dongyin is rich in tourism resources—historic sites, sea-eroded landscapes, battlefield scenes, endemic plants—that are all worth a visit. We suggest that you first go to the Visitor Center and study up a bit before deciding on where you want to go and what you want to see.
- Zhongzhu Harbor→Dongyin Visitor Center→Beihai Tunnel→Yanxiu Tidal Echo→Andong Tunnel→A Thread of Sky→Suicide Cliff→Dongyong Lighthouse
- Zhongzhu Harbor→Zhongzhu Levee→Dongyin Island→Crouching Crocodile→Dongao→Northernmost Tip of the Nation (Luohanping)
● Please Note
- When the northeasterly monsoons blow in from November to March, sailing times for the Tai-Ma ferry become somewhat uncertain. Please confirm sailings by phone before departure.
- Activities in the scenic area are mostly on land. We suggest you wear light, comfortable clothing; protect against sunburn in summer, and watch out for chilling temperatures and strong winds in winter.
- Dining, lodging, shopping, ATMs etc. are concentrated in the Nanao area.
- Water is scarce. Please don’t waste it.
- Please do not point your camera directly at military installations.
- Swimming in harbors is prohibited.
- If you take local plants or animals out of the area, first obtain a certificate of origin or statement rom the relevant authority.
Dongyin Visitor Center