When the weather is fine you can see many butterflies flying quickly by, taking advocate of the air currents, around Zhonggui Harbor. A large number of butterflies can also often be seen along the trail that leads to Dongyin Lighthouse, and on the grassy area. The area between Suicide Cliff and Taibai Echo Cave is the only area in the Matsu Islands with a colony of Tongeia filicaudis mushanus (Tanikawa) butterflies. These appear between spring and autumn.
- Take the Taiwan-Matsu Ferry from Keelung’s West Wharf No. 2 to Matsu’s Dongyin Township. The trip takes approximately 10 hours.
- Take Uni Air Flight #1 to Matsu Nangan Airport, then travel by taxi to Fu-ao Wharf to take the Taiwan-Matsu Ferry to Dongyin.
- Zhongzhu Harbor dock has waiting taxis so they are easy to find. You can also ask about hiring a scooter at your hotel.
- The cost of a one-way Taiwan-Matsu Ferry ticket from Keelung to Dongyin is NT $1,050
- The cost of a one-way Taiwan-Matsu Ferry ticket from Nangan to Dongyin is NT $350
- Dongyin Laoye Hotel Contact Tel.(0836)77168
- Travel Reminder: The Taiwan-Matsu Ferry may suspend operation or alter its schedule due to the season or weather. Please confirm prior to departure.
- Visitors should pay attention to whether the ferry docks at Nangan or Dongyin first and take a suitable sailing.