Slow tours in Dongju: A tranquil geopark & a Mindong village
Matsu National Scenic Area Administration under the Tourism Bureau, MOTC now offers two free guided tours, “Surpassing a Mountain”’ and “A Leisurely Walk in Fuzheng,” from June to October 2020. You are cordially invited to explore an offshore islet of Matsu - Dongju - and immerse in its tranquility.
It is definitely worth exploring Dongyang Mountain’s natural ecology or having a walk in Fuzheng, a traditional “Mindong” village, at your own pace.
For registration, please visit our website or find us at our reception at Juguang Visitor Center.
About 2020 Free Juguang Guided Tours：
⊙Open to trekking lovers
⊙Meet-up point: The lobby, Juguang Visitor Center
⊙Each tour takes around 1 hour
Surpassing a Mountain：6/26、7/4、7/18、8/1、8/15、8/29、9/12、9/26、10/9
A Leisurely Walk in Fuzheng：6/27、7/11、7/25、8/8、8/22、9/5、9/19、10/3、10/10
⊙Registration can either be made online or on site (each tour will only be held when at least 2 people register for it. Maximum 40 people can be included in one tour. The seats are filled on a first come, first served basis).
- Please be on time for the tours. We do not wait for latecomers. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The content of the tours might be adjusted due to force majeure such as natural disasters, including typhoons.
- There’s no transportation during the tour, and hills and stairs might be included. Please think well before joining the tour.
- Some people still live in the old village. Please respect them and do not interfere with their lives whilst visiting.
- For protecting our ecosystem, catching animals, picking wild plants, and digging out soil and stones are all prohibited.
- Your personal Information will be only applied for the tour. Matsu National Scenic Area Administration will be fully responsible for this, and all your personal information will be deleted at the end of the tour accordingly.